Day Three of my Bone Broth Fast

Day Three

Bone Broth Fast

The last day of my fast.

I woke up with a white film on my tongue and feeling very weak. I did my research on having a white film on the tongue that showed it is a common side effect of a low roughage diet so that is to be expected when fasting since you are having no roughage while on the fast. I felt so weak I hoped eating would help, but even after eating I still felt weak. I am glad again that I didn't have to go anywhere. I decided to stay in and rest as much as possible.

I started my day with the usual room temperature water and a probiotic.

Then I felt like I needed a little more sustenance so I had a veggie smoothie.

I juiced a handful of organic salad mix

Half a cucumber

Half a zucchini

Two stalks of celery

And a chunk of ginger root

I blended that all with an avocado and a handful of kale.

Added my usual powdered supplements.

Hoping that this would help make me feel better and somewhat energized, I was wrong. I still felt weak afterwards. I also had some bone broth shortly after that and still was not feeling up to par just yet. I also still had the runs. But I suppose that is to be expected since I have had a liquids only diet for the most part the last two days.

I made this my rest and recover day since it was also my last day on the fast.

I decided to just take it easy, not working out in any way, no yoga, or anything really physical. Taking naps when I felt the need to, and doing easy mellow activities like read, write, and watch movies.

I ended up doing a water fast for 8.5 hours from 11:30 am to 8:00 pm. It just felt like it was what I needed to do and so I followed my guidance and did it. I felt pretty good overall through most of it. I had originally intended to do it for 24 hours, but I didn't make it that far. I felt really tired at 8:00 that night and tried to go to bed, but my stomach hurt too much. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep, therefore I got up and had a half a jar of bone broth. I started to feel a little better, but an hour later I still felt like I needed something so I had a handful of sprouted pumpkin seeds. I felt good after that, took a bath and went to bed. I slept well and now I am slowly reintroducing foods back into my diet. Stay tuned for posts on that.

I did take a nap this day and spent some time in bed just resting my eyes.

I did some reading until I couldn't keep my eyes open and rested some more.

I did some laundry and some other odds and ends around the house that weren't too strenuous.

I also did take a bath before bed and it felt so nice. I took a baking soda bath which is good for you in many ways. I have another blog post about the health benefits and uses of baking soda so if you want to know more check it out.

I felt pretty tired and drained when I went to bed.

I also slept really well, so far the best night sleep of the whole fast.

Ever done a water fast before?

How long did you go for?

What did you think?

Please share below.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

Follow Reine :

  • Facebook Clean Grey
  • YouTube Clean Grey

Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814

© 2023 by The Plan. Proudly created with